[blparent] tracking toddler by sound

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Sep 13 11:30:08 UTC 2011

The bells on the harness sound like a nice idea.  That way you can have the
leash part of the harness in your hands when you want to keep closer track
of him, then you can unclip that part when you feel comfortable with him
having more freedom so he can explore more independently without getting
tripped up by the leash.  As far as the shoes go...  Yes, it's a little
frustrating at first because kids do take their shoes off, but I always felt
the sooner mine learned to keep their shoes on, the better.  So, perhaps
you'll want to have the bells on the harness as a back up, but encourage
wearing of the shoes, especially as soon as he starts walking in public
places.  Austin got used to his shoes pretty quickly, but Oriana still will
surprise me and take a shoe off now and then.  All part of being a kid, I
guess.
Melissa