[blparent] tracking toddler by sound

Chad Allen chad at chadallenmagic.com
Tue Sep 13 15:55:10 UTC 2011

So far, I've used no detectable tracker for my son.

He's plenty loud crawling. (We have hard wood floors) and he's still either
in the stroller, backpack, or in our grasp when outdoors.

He is now walking and his movements are definitely more quiet but I still
can clearly hear him walking, breathing, sleeping, screaming, jumping up and
down, laughing, crying  etc. . I also use a baby monitor a lot. It's in his
room which is the most baby proof part of my house. So, if I leave him while
taking out the trash for example, I hcarry the monitor and I can easily hear
him when out.

I'd be curious to know if others rely on the monitor routinely? When I'm
alone with him it's my favorite toy!

My hope is when he's old enough to walk unassisted outside, he'll be taught
the importance of sticking together and coming when it's time. We'll see.

If I need to adopt an alternative method, I'd most likely use bells and
attach them somewhere along his back so they're difficult to remove.
My wife is traveling out of the country soon and I'll be home with him for
the duration.

Day care is too difficult to get to since I don't drive so I'll be staying
home. We organized the house very well and I have his meds, food, back pack,
stroller, etc. all together and ready to go. If for any reason there is a
problem, our friends  are always close by to help.

I've got toys, games, football,  and excellent music ready to go and I also
plan to take a few hikes up Runyon Canyon too. We're also going to have our
second swim class at the YMCA on Saturday and I've booked a few gigs out in
Hollywood. Daddy needs to play as well.  I'm a comedy magician by trade.
Seriously.

Check out Chad Allen Magic on You Tube!