[blparent] what blind parents should know:

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Sep 20 15:28:17 UTC 2011

True true true.  In fact, it was my sighted friend who's child fell from the
counter in the bathroom and broke his arm.  It could happen to any of us,
but it was not. It was my sighted friend's child who squoze all the
toothpaste all over the kitchenfloor and spilled red Kool-aid on the white
carpet.  No one is perfect, not a single one of us.  It was a sighted friend
who went out in public with goopy boogers on her shirt and another sighted
parent who lost her child in Walmart.  Nope, we could all do it.  Heck, when
Gab was 3, I lost her in Target.  When I was 3, I got lost in a tiny store.
Yup, no perfect peeps here. V