[blparent] WTE groups

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:38:35 UTC 2011

I have started a group on WTE (What to Expect), for people ttc,
pregnant or parents  who have a disability. yes, i could have just
done "blind" but I thought that it might be too narrow.
If there are many parents  who join, then we can split it up.
But, for now, I wanted members and to make it broad.
I tried the "Travel and accessibility" group on
couchsurfing.com,
but no one joined.
That was a group about travel and accessibility. Couch Surfing is an
organization of people who network together to offer a couch (and
assistance or sometimes just a tour of the city or whatever they need)
for someone who is traveling through.
It is a good alternative to the "get a hotel" route of doing things --
and cheaper, also.
So, i wanted us to talk about the challenges that we face as disabled
people and where is accessible and where is not.
But, it just did not catch on.
Anyway, anyone want to join: great.
But, I realize that it is kind of like "same group, different forum."
But, if you know any other disabled people who could benefit, let them know.
thanks.
Jan