[blparent] Need advice with preschoolers behavior

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Sep 29 03:15:53 UTC 2011

I agree with everything everyone else has posted.  As a mother of severely
autistic twins I can tell you that aggression is a form of communicating
when words aren't available to the child.  Since this is a new situation for
him to be in, there could be many things contributing to this behavior.  It
may be that he truly doesn't have the right words to say.  It may be that
the classroom setting or the number of children in the room--or both--are
overstimulating to him.  Not saying there is anything "wrong" with your
child, but this is the age when many things we think could be "wrong"
manifest themselves such as a sensory integration problem or ADD.  I'm not
trying to scare you because the chances are that it's just a problem because
this situation is just so new to him and he just needs a little coaching to
adjust to it.
He may even still be too young for school.
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy