[blparent] Those first words so precious!

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sun Apr 1 17:15:31 UTC 2012

They'll find ways to repeat things you never guessed at.  *Smile.*

We've always been pretty open with Sarah about our bodies and hers, not
wanting her to grow up with some of the negative body images a lot of people
have.  So we've told her what my breasts are, and what nipples are, and that
she used to nurse from them.  We were in the middle of Applebee's, and she
says, "Mommy, I wanna see your nipples!"

Another time, we were in the bathroom stall at church, next to an older lady
we knew well.  I have a tattoo of Sarah's footprints from the hospital when
she was born on my hip.  Sarah saw it and yelled out, "Mommy, you have
pictures on your butt!"