[blparent] children drowning in shallow water

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Apr 5 21:17:26 UTC 2012

I think if the baby/toddler was 18 months or older, they would be able to
lift their head or cry if they got water up their nose but what if they were
younger or if they fell forward and for some reason was not able to push
away from the shallow water?  I used to think the same as you do, how in the
world, but since I have read so many articles saying it happens regularly,
they it must be true.   Like a baby could be sitting playing and he/she
could fall asleep right into a bowl of water.  they don't know to sit up and
cough, their lungs aren't developed enough or strong enough to cough it up.