[blparent] children drowning in shallow water

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Apr 5 22:35:59 UTC 2012

I have a good friend who knows somebody whose ten-year-old daughter nearly
drowned last summer when she was the only one in the pool.  She was a good
swimmer, but somehow she slipped and went under.  She lived, but she has
severe physical and cognitive disabilities now.  Her parents and brother
were moving boxes out of her grandmother's apartment, and the pool was right
there in the courtyard, so they were parading past the whole time.  But like
you said, they were distracted, and it only took a second.