[blparent] Going on a Shoe Hunt

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Apr 10 15:34:34 UTC 2012

We usually have Austin take his shoes off as soon as he gets in the house.
He has a place for them near the front door, and they are always
there--unless his sister has gotten a hold of them and moved them, which
fortunately does not happen often--when he needs them again.  I don't know
exactly when this habit started, but it has been so helpful!  The same goes
with his coat and backpack.  He used to take them off and throw them on the
floor somewhere, but now he has a routine when he comes in and it really
seems to help us with the morning scramble.  Austin doesn't mind walking
around the house in his socks...  Actually, lately he's taken to taking them
off and leaving them whereever they land, which is driving me crazy.  That
will certainly have to be the next thing we work on.  He also has slippers
he likes to wear in the house when his feet are cold, or just because he
likes his slippers.
I hope this helps; there is nothing worse than going on a shoe hunt--or hunt
for anything actually--when you are in a hurry and have to be somewhere at a
certain time.
Melissa