[blparent] breastfeeding help

Allie alliemartins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 09:10:37 UTC 2012

Good advice, Erin, but I have to disagree with your statement about not
being able to start again. *SMILE*
I started nursing my daughter after she'd been off the breast for almost two
months due to complications with gall bladder surgery. It didn't happen
without some effort and patience on my part, but it happened. :)
Baby is the best stimulus for your milk supply. Even if you have to give her
a bottle first, so she's not terribly hungry when you put her to your
breast, and nurse her for comfort, that will help tremendously.
If you're still willing to stick with it, try taking her somewhere she isn't
so easily distracted. Offer the breast frequently. The phase will pass.
*SMILE*

Allie