[blparent] Sensitive breast feeding concern, ladies only

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon Apr 16 14:10:31 UTC 2012

        If you don't want to breast-feed for whatever the reason, just say no and stick to your guns.
I know plenty of sighted women who have done this.
They've all said the hospital staff pressured them to breast-feed, and when that didn't work, the staff told their husbands to "see if you can talk her into it".

All of them were annoyed that there wishes were not respected.

They all also said that the hospital left the issue alone when they had additional children.

The other thing I'd suggest is that since you are planning to pump and bottle feed that you give breast-feeding a shot.  It didn't work for us, but I'm glad I tried it.  I say this partly because it's not something you can just decide if you are ever curious.  Also, you may like it. Really though, you can feed this kid any way that works for all involved.  There is way more to being a mom then where lunch comes from.