[blparent] More breast feeding stuff

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Mon Apr 16 08:14:52 UTC 2012

Bridgit,

As you are just wondering, I gave birth to both of my first two children
without an epidural or any pain medication. The midwife did break my water
for baby number 1 and stitch me up after, but those were the only medical
interventions for that 10 pound baby. Baby number two was only about 8.5
pounds because he had an emergency induction two weeks early due to some
pregnancy complications. I also had my water broken that time to get him the
heck out of there. :) Still no pain meds or other interventions, but no
tearing that time either. So I advocate as natural as possible every time.

Yet here I am supporting your need to make the choice that is right for you
and your family. If you go the pumping route I will even pass on more tips
about making it more convenient and some funny stories about what I did with
my time attached to the machine every day.

Jennifer