[blparent] Kid appropriate music

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:20:22 UTC 2012

Searching in Amazon's music store is a good way to find all kinds of
music. It's easy and accessible, and you can sample tracks before
purchasing them. Just select MP-3 in the combo box then type your key
words in the edit field.

You can also find kid music on collaborative albums. And You Tube has a
lot of kid-friendly music too if you search for it, though I can't
guarantee what the video images may be, but this is an option if you
don't necessarily want to buy music.

I know what you mean about pop radio. My sister's kids listen to a lot
of radio, and since they have been able to speak, you will hear them
singing things like I'm gonna give it to you, Baby turn the lights off,
Womanizer, womanizer, oh you're a womanizer and It's getting hot in here
so take off all your clothes. Cute at first, but a bit inappropriate in
my opinion, but its also what you deem appropriate and inappropriate.

We listen to a lot of music around here, and I suppose not all of it is
kid-friendly, but we have a very eclectic music sense ranging from rock
to pop to rap to show tunes, grin. All of which can certainly have
inappropriate lyrics even if devoid of actual "bad language." I find it
more disconcerting though when my bestfriend will not allow certain
kinds of movies or music because of content, but then carries on
swearing right in front of her kids or even swearing at them. I can
swear like a sailor, but I do edit myself in front of children and when
in public. So it's really what you on a personal level determine is
okay.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: