[blparent] Best strollers

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:32:14 UTC 2012

Bridget,

I really, really like the Baby Jogger City Mini. It is a 19 pound
jogging strolling that is perfect for going on public transpo and for
pulling behind you. I use a cane and keep the sunshade cover down. I
usually pull it behind me with my left hand and it is so easy to
maneuver with one hand. If you grab the front edge of the sunshade
cover with your fingers it is easy to keep your baby facing you and
pull the stroller behind. If you want to try something different, I
pull the sunshade cover half down and and grab the frame which arcs
over the middle portion of the cover with my palm pushing forward. I
walk next to the stroller this way when I've got space. I also push
from behind the stroller when I've got my longer cane. I can cane over
the stroller as long as the sunshade cover is completely up and my son
doesn't decide to grab for my cane which I'm teaching him not to do
so.

The wheels are great. And what is particularly wonderful about the
stroller is that when you board a bus and have to collapse it, there
is a handle right on the seat--basically under the baby's bottom. You
pull up on it and the stroler folds in half like a dream. I encourage
you to check it out.

Oh yeah, you can buy a tray which my son loves for the stroller. We
Also have a parent console which I tend to store things in, and most
importantly, it has an awesome wind and rain cover which keeps my son
warm and dry on rainy or windy days out here.

LM