[blparent] Baby names

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 19:31:00 UTC 2012

My mom's name is Tami except spelled T A M I.

We like unusual names too. I love getting names from literature. I like
Bront for a boy (pronounced Bron Tey) which is taken from the Bronte
sisters. We always said if we had twins who were a boy and girl, we
would name them Eowyn and Eomer (pronounced Ay O Win and A Mer) which
are a brother and sister in The Lord of he Rings series. After reading
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, I also liked the name of Rebecca's mother's
name, which is Oreilla, pronounced O Rel Ya. Byron is the last name of
the poet, and I like Tempest like Shakespeare's The Tempest. Most
recently I like the name Primrose from The Hunger Games.

I also like names taken from musical terms like Dulcy, Cadence, Aria,
Harmony, Piper and Lyric.

Going back to literature, I love, love Story and Sonnet. In fact, Sonnet
is one of our top girls names should we ever have a girl.

Other uncommon names we really like:
Avalon
Harlow
Rohan
Eden
Apple
Grier , pronounced Greer (like 30's film star Grier Garson)
Finn
Lucinda
Artemis
Prudence