[blparent] Baby names

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:43:21 UTC 2012

Yes, I know what you're saying!  Even though I have a pretty mellow name as
far as taunts go I still got my name constantly spelled wrong like the male
version as Aaron instead of the Irish version Erin.  The only one kids would
use regularly when I was little is, "Erin's scarin everyone in town".  My
last name was Elliott which I really liked and the only mean thing kids
would say with that is "smelliott Elliott" but that was only mainly by one
boy in particular and he stopped bugging me when I gave him a bit of a beat
down on the playground with my cane. LOL  It is amazing how bullying really
affects us all though because even though I didn't have a problem with
hygiene, I still became a little self-conscious about it and kept checking
my arm pits in the bathroom for a short period of time after that.  I know
bullying is another topic but it just goes to show how powerful words are
and names are something we live with forever.  I just feel terrible for
those kids whose parents were obviously smoking something when they decided
to name them!  My aunt is a maternity nurse  in a hospital and I kid you not
when I tell you that a woman came in and had twin boys that she named
Orangejello and Lemonjello.  I just hope for those boys sakes, they grow up
to be really large so they can defend themselves on the playground. Grin

Erin