[blparent] Baby names and teasing

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:32:15 UTC 2012

Yes, well I think I have most of you beat because our last name is
Pollpeter. I have gotten a lot of flack for this name since taking it
after my wedding. I can't imagine giving Pollpeter as a middle or first
name, and it's bad enough my child will have to wear it as a surname,
grin. Ross has had to deal with a lot of immaturity about it through the
years. Clients of his at work have said they don't like to call him by
Pollpeter because it sounds dirty, so they stick to calling him Mr.
Ross, LOL! FYI, most of his clients are seniors.

The worse I got with my first name was Bridgit is a midget, which
doesn't sound bad, but it was horrible for me. Especially when I was
nothing like a midget. Actually, in grammar school, I was usually the
tallest girl, and while no statuesque female now (standing only at 5'5")
I'm certainly not a midget. Now my sister who is 5 foot tall, perhaps,
grin.

Kids find a way to taunt about almost anything. It's a little scary how
horrible children can be. At least 30 20 years ago you didn't hear of
kids killing themselves because of bullying. It happened, but not the
way it does now. Makes me think of Rebel With a Cause. We don't
understand something, so we decide to hurt and tear down.

Ultimately whatever name a person chooses, a kid will probably find a
way to make fun of it, or if not the name, something about another
child. It's almost like an initiation  of growing up or something.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan