[blparent] introduction, expecting

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Aug 11 05:31:19 UTC 2012

Hi, Tatyana.  When is your baby due?  Taking maternity classes at the
hospital where you plan to deliver is a good start.  Introduce yourselves
around to the nurses and staff so they can get to know you before you arrive
in labor.  For my own peace of mind, I asked if the hospital had any
policies that would make the staff look unfavorably at a blind mom or want
to involve Child Protective Services right away.  I felt the direct approach
was best, but a lot of people don't go that far.

Jo Elizabeth

I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops.--Stephen Jay Gould