[blparent] two completely unrelated questions

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Thu Aug 9 00:51:45 UTC 2012

I used to use one of these wagons and found it really helpful. It was
especially helpful when I needed to get the boys to the bus stop by 7:30 and
they were not always willing to walk. Many Winter mornings involved them
getting dressed under a blanket on the way to the bus stop. It was nice to
bring it inside and have a room temp blanket and wagon to start the trip on
when it was freezing outside. :)

I do want to alert anyone who is thinking of using this to a couple of
downsides to a wagon. The wagon stretches out behind you quite a ways and
that can be a concern when crossing in a high traffic area. My O&M
instructor advised me against this for crossing a busy street near me that
was part of getting to the library and one of the kids pre-school. This may
not be an issue where you live, but is something to think about.

Another downside is that you can not take a wagon on a bus. The Red Flyer
one with the two seats and seatbelts will also not fit in the trunk of most
cars. You may want to consider how difficult it would be to disassemble when
you want to take it with you, or if you would ever want to take it with in a
vehicle.

I also advise getting the version with the tires made for going off road. It
will cost a little more, but when you are pulling two kids and all there
stuff the better tires will be worth it.

Jennifer