[blparent] strollers recommendations and going for a walkwithanewborn

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Wed Aug 15 01:05:57 UTC 2012

Something like the Graco Nautilus then.

I still wouldn't go for the SnugRide 35. I am a big guy, and even carrying a
18 pound baby in our SnugRide 22 was a pain.

If I was to do extended rear facing now I would still go with the SnugRide
22 for about 6-8 months, then use a Britax marathon 70 until the child was
at least 2 years of age rear facing, then flip the seat around and have them
harnessed until they reached about 70 pounds.

But then again, I live in small town fly over country, and can walk any
where I need to go in town, so I do not need to worry about public
transportation. Which means not needing to worry about dealing with car
seats when I travel. They get installed in our van, and used when we leave
town.

If I needed to use public, I would look for a infant car seat that had seat
belt guides in it. Not all do anymore. Our SnugRide 22 did, but it is 2
years old now, not sure if they do or not anymore. That way there is no need
to carry the base around with you. Then I would find a stroller frame to
snap the seat in to. I would go with the stroller frame over a full stroller
or travel system because they are much lighter and fold up smaller. Might
cost more in the long run though.

Then go with one of those sit and stroll type things.

It is still best to go to several stores and check out the stuff in person
if possible. But even stores like babies r Us are stocking less and wanting
you to purchase it online. So unless you live in a big city, it might be
hard to find different options to look at.

Michael
-