[blparent] Print and Braille letters

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Wed Aug 15 02:23:25 UTC 2012

I just ordered the letter and number puzzles, and the US map puzzle, from
Blind Mice Mega Mall.  The puzzles came today.  They're well made and pretty
cute, and my daughter is fascinated with them.  When you put a piece in, the
puzzle talks, so it's good for teaching letters and numbers.  On the letter
puzzle, each letter piece has a picture under it of something that starts
with that letter.  The state puzzle has pictures on some of the pieces,
too--apples for Washington, potatoes for Idaho, a polar bear for Alaska, a
pineapple for Hawaii, the Golden Gate Bridge for California, etc.  The only
problem I've encountered with the puzzles is that sometimes they talk when
they aren't supposed to because they talk when light is blocked.  So on her
way to put California in, the puzzle announces Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and
New Mexico.  That's kind of confusing.

Jo Elizabeth

I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops.--Stephen Jay Gould