[blparent] families

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:23:04 UTC 2012

Hi all,
sorry I am not more regular. this little 8  month old is really
keeping me busy.
I just wanted to say:
As DH and I were talking about going to his native country, Pakistan,
some of his mother's friends had encouraged her to keep our baby and
raise it herself. -- Well, her and her husband, and the extended
family who live with them: DH's brother and wife.
She told them that her son would not allow such a thing to happen....
...  He and his wife love the baby too much. Now, I make it a point to
skype video chat with her. If we ever do go: (and the trip has been
put on hold) she will already know that I can parent/take care of my
baby, She sees me change and feed him. And, we are battling the
language barrier to make a kind of relationship which I hope will
help. Ok, sure, I wish that she would have said: "they are blind, but
that doesn't mean they can't care for their child." But, she really
doesn't know very much. Honestly, she is unsure, but she respects her
son too much to disappoint him with such an action.
I hope thatyou develop a family by choice to give you lots of support
and... .. who knows, once your family sees the support, they might try
doing the same.... ... might.