[blparent] food shopping with a baby in arms

Agnes Steinhoff amorawska at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 01:50:14 UTC 2012

Hi there:

When I go shopping, I also get assistance in the store to help me shop.  I
stand in front of the cart while the assistant stands behind it so that I
don't hit her feet while walking from isle to isle.  As for having your
baby, you can either carry him/her in a carrier strapped to you.  As for
worrying about bags and stuff, the only thing I can think of is to either
get a shopping cart you can keep at home.  That way you can keep the
groceries in bags inside the cart and pull the cart behind you while the
baby is on your chest and have a cane in another hand.  But that still might
be tricky depending on how heavy the cart is so that actually might not work
too well, but maybe if you have supports that could either take you and baby
to the store and bring you home and help you with the groceries or if
someone was willing to watch the baby so you had some free hands to be able
to shop.  I hope this helps.

Agnes