[blparent] food shopping with a baby in arms

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Wed Aug 22 02:40:57 UTC 2012

At two months you would not just place him in the shopping cart. You would
have him in some kind of carrier, either a car seat that can be safely
secured to the cart or in some kind of carrier that you are wearing. I think
most of us have been referring to a carrier that you wear.

The most common is a kind of pouch type carrier that fits on the front in a
similar way to a back pack. You can not put a baby in a back pack until he
has good control of his head around six months or so. The pouch has two
openings on the bottom for the babies legs to hang through. Does this sounds
familiar? These are great for around the house too. I have always heard them
called snugglies.

Jennifer