[blparent] cell phones for kids

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Dec 6 23:35:36 UTC 2012

I just bought Gab a cell phone last year as she started middle school.  She
calls me when she gets to school and again when she leaves and starts her
trek home.
Before then, I didn't think she needed one as the homes where she played,
the mom's always had a phone and I could call if I needed  my child to come
home or for that matter, I could just walk up the street and retrieve my
child.
When I did get Gab a phone, I got a Crket for $35 a month with unlimited
calling and texting.  I'd rather hear her voice that to receive a text.  Not
to scare you or anything, but if someone should take her, they could easily
text.  I want to hear her voice.