[blparent] Punishment

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:05:48 UTC 2012

Hi Nikki, I don't want you to give up.  There are a few steps you must go
through:

1.  Your son must listen to you, and oy you.  Whenever he misbehaves, the
punishment repeats itself.

2.  Never, ever spank in administering a punishment.  Remember: If you
see a pattern of red cards, (think soccer), a day is added onto his
punishment.  It's a "demerit" for every time he hits or talks back in
school, or talks back at home or hits.  For every day he gets an orange
card, a day or two is deducted, (subtracted) from his punishment.

3.  Ignore incessant crying, unless it gets on your nerves.  Reinforce to
him that you have rules, too.  "If you break my rules, you're _on
_punishment.  Period."  Yes, send him to his room, lay him down, make him
do sentences.  But tough love requires a stern mom.  The same way he
doesn't like it if he gets pushed, the same way you have to apply tough
love.

Eric
.. .. Eric from Los Angeles.

.. .. On Facebook at eric at pmpmail.com.

Dog lover! .. .. .. .. Sports enthusiast!  .. .. A friend to all!  To
join my Baseball List, please send a message to eric at pmpmail.com, and put
in th subject line, "Eric, I'd love to join your Baseball List."  (Note to
moderators: You may remove the baseball list reference in any email, if you
choose.)

Happy New Year, and may God bless.