[blparent] punishment

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Thu Feb 2 03:19:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

On that same line, remember to tell him when his behaviour's been good as
well as when it's not been so good.  When Colyn's bad he gets a time out or
similar, but when he's being good he gets something special like icecreanm
for desert or a little extra stay up time on week-ends, but I also make sure
to let him know how happy it makes me when he's been good because he and I
can do special things.  This seems to work for us.  That's why I said
previously about balance.  If the child's not going to get anything for
being good, why should be be good?  If he knows a certain thing will happen
if he's bad he'll try harder to be good and get the treat or the praise, or
whatever.

Tammy