[blparent] My son's teacher

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sat Feb 4 23:30:49 UTC 2012

Nikki, just one question, are you spanking him because you are frustrated?  Does the spanking help?  I still think you should make an appointment with the school counselor to talk about ideas of  helping his behavior.  You are not the first parent to go through this, I guarantee and if they tell you differently, they are lying to you.  My daughter is in 6th grade now and in everyone of her classes since Kindergarten, there has been children with the same problems as your son.  Some parents just choose to ignore it and thus the child continues acting up throughout the years and some parents take the bull by the horn and get it corrected, either through counseling or through medication.  Beating the wiggles out will not stop the problem as he probly truly can't help it.
Perhaps it could be corrected by diet.  You won't know until you explore different avenues.