[blparent] strollers

babybuffalovanessuevega@gmail.comvandssue vega babybuffalovanessuevega at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:27:04 UTC 2012

Hhow much eate can thold up to

"Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC)" <REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com> wrote:

A sit and stroll is a carseat with wheels on the bottom. When it's in the car, the wheels retract into the base. When it's in stroller mode, it's a stroller.
It is easy to pull, though it feels very leightweight and like it will roll over. Know that it's designed to also go in cars so if it can withstand that, then you pulling it is not a problem even if it does tip.
You do need a lot of upper body strength to pull the wheels down, because you are lifting the weight of the carseat including the weight of your child off the ground. Ditto for retracting the wheels.

It's a nice invention.

As for a leash, I'd highly recommend one if you need or want your child to stand or walk independently. They just don't have the mental ability to stand still for a good long while.
Your parents may have kept your brother ina stroller until he began to protest or until they needed it for another kid which may explain their suggestion.
With my daughter, I'd hold her hand while also using the leash and talk to her about basic safety, the drivers in the cars can't see you because you are too little, cars drive on the street, people go on the sidewalk. We hold hands when we walk, we listen for traffic and to what's going on around us, stuff like that.

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Lisamaria Martinez
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 4:19 PM
To: NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: Re: [blparent] strollers

Hi!

so glad I read this post. Erik has just started to take a few
stumbling steps and it is a pretty amazing thing. I never knew I could
be so proud of a few steps. anyways, looks like we'll be getting him a
leash or two for his upcoming birthday. I didn't even think about a
leash being useful when they are just starting to toddle around. My
parents used one for my little brother but they didn't start using it
until he was about two.

Also, I know it has been described on this list before but what
exactly is a sit and stroll?

thanks,
LM

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/pshald%40neb.rr.
>>> com
>>>

>>> I dreamed I met God. He sneezed, and I didn't know what to say to Him.

>>> blparent:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/madison_tewe%40s
>>> pinn.n

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/lmartinez217%40g