[blparent] help with mutent lice

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Thu Feb 9 06:46:41 UTC 2012

When washing clothes, bedding, towels, etc., the water temperature has to be
140 Fahrenheit or above to kill lice and their eggs.  This is hotter than
most washing machines are set, so you might have to find out if your machine
can be set higher or else use a commercial laundry until the problem is
under control.

Can lice and nits be detected nonvisually?  Does anyone have suggestions on
how a blind parent can comb or pick nits without sighted assistance?

Debbie