[blparent] Cloth diapers

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Thu Feb 16 16:38:33 UTC 2012

The main reason is they are cheaper in the long run, even with doing
laundry, than paper diapers.
 We have spent maybe $500 on cloth diapers and covers, and we are on the 3rd
kid with them.
Compare that to over $700 for one year with one kid in paper diapers, at an
average of $0.25 per paper diaper and 8 per day.

I do not think they are any harder than paper diapers. Some do though. They
have cloth diapers that go on just like the paper diapers, and they have
ones that are less expensive that have a few more steps to it, but it isn't
all that bad.

One big complaint is that you are suppose to scrape the poop in to the
toilet with the cloth diapers. What people don't' understand is that in
reality they are suppose to do this with paper diapers as well, but I do not
know anyone who does. Some states, towns, etc have laws against putting
human waste in landfills.

Michael