[blparent] blparent Digest, Vol 93, Issue 23

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:58:05 UTC 2012

Hi, listers.

Here's what I did that worked, Ronit: Go to a drugstore or craft store
and buy a bag of very small bells. You can ask if they sell the small
bells you can sometimes attach to gifts or use for decoration. They're
small but should be loud enough. One possibility for placing them
would be to pin just one bell to a label on your baby's clothes or
shoes using a small safety pin. You could pin it to the outside of his
shirt, on the back, where he might not reach and hurt himself. If
you're worried about safety pins, you could also use twist-ties, which
you can tie tightly around part of your baby's shoes. If his shoes
have loops in the back or are fastened with Velcro, you could put the
twist-tie through the whole on the bell and then twist it around the
closed end of the Velcro strap. I've heard of people placing bells
through fishing line and then tying them on to something, which I
think is very clever, but I haven't tried it. My daughter's basically
used to safety pins and twist-ties. The twist-ties on the shoes have
really been the best method for us; the bells stay on really well.

Good luck. I hope these instructions make sense.

Jen