[blparent] something scary

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Feb 23 19:56:38 UTC 2012

In our community, not necessarily from our school, a girl was taken at gun
point on Wednesday.  They said she got off her bus and started walking home
when a man in a car drove up to her and asked for directions.  She walked
toward the car to answer him and he pulled a gun, told her to get in the
car.  The news said he raped her and then took her into Albuquerque and let
her go.
My daughter walks home and I tell her a thousand times, don't talk to
strangers, never go to a car and always stay in a group.  Never walk by
yourself and if that is going to happen, call me and we will pick you up.
The girl was 13.