[blparent] question about bike and jogging trailers

Mary Jo Hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:23:58 UTC 2012

	Hi all,
	Today I was at a play group and a couple of the moms were talking about how they use these tandem trailers for biking and jogging.  The jogging aspect peaked my curiosity.  Apparently these trailers are also made for jogging.  You have to take off the hitch part for the bike and  then pull the trailer yourself by putting the bar in front of you.  It sounds like the reverse aspect of what you do when pushing a jogging stroller only this way, the stroller is behind you.  -- The typical trailer can hold two children, but it's kind of a tight fit.  In any case, I was thinking that this might be a viable option for a blind parent in place of having to pull something behind you all the time, and would still allow for you to use a cane or guide dog as you could push with your waist too.  Maybe I'm not quite envisioning this the right way though.  They are also meant for more recreational use--obviously--and more wide and less closable than a stroller,  so this wouldn't be a solution for maybe your everyday use, but maybe it could have some benefits.  In any case, I was wondering if any of you had seen this before or had any experience with it?  Otherwise, I might take a trip to a sporting goods store sometime in the future to check it out as another option for transporting kids around.  One other note of interest, apparently you can rent them from biking specialtyshops or outdoor rec places too, so this would be a great way to test it out before investing in one.
Mary Jo Hartle