[blparent] O.T. hair dye

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:51:11 UTC 2012

Yes, a couple of years ago when I died my hair last my sighted sister and I
got together and we worked out a system that was very blind friendly.  I was
making my hair a lighter shade of blond and while I don't remember all the
details I do remember we mixed equal parts of hair die with an infusion
solution which helps with the blond die and shampoo.  This made the die easy
to put on my hair without worrying about accidently getting any of my skin.
I just lathered the mixture in like I was just washing my hair, smacked a
hair cap on my head, put hair pins around the outside of the cap to hold it
in place and waited 35 minutes or so and then rinsed.  It turned out
beautifully and because I naturally have some read in my hair the die
brought some of that out and my hair came out strawberry blond.  Now this
was blond hair die so I didn't have to worry so much about dying my skin but
I did have to worry about burning my skin and that's why we made the
solution we did.  I could see more concern of dying the skin with a darker
hair die.  When I was pregnant I did research natural ways of dying ones
hair with coffee to make it darker and lemon juice to make it lighter in the
sun but never did bother with any of those things.  I just let it go natural
since my hair is a pretty honey blond anyways and figure I won't bother with
all that until I start going gray.  Too busy chasing a toddler to keep up
with all that now! GRIN  If you decide not to take this on yourself, it's
always a great excuse for the men folks to take the kids while you and some
lady friends have a spa evening together where you all pamper each other.
I've done this where someone will die my hair and later I'll give them their
massage or pedicure or manicure, nail polish aside and it works out great.

Erin