[blparent] Keeping young children safe as parentswithavisualimpairment

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:52:49 UTC 2012

I am the nursery coordinator at our church, and we were having a problem
with toddlers getting out of the fire exit door, because the style of door
knob on those doors is very easy for little hands to grasp.  Child proofing
isn't allowed since it might keep us from making a swift exit.  So we
purchased the door alarm to alert the nursery volunteers of the door being
opened.  It is a box installed next to the door that sends a signal to a
receiver that is plugged into the wall.  The sound isn't loud, it's like a
door bell ringing.  It has worked out very well.  I do believe it was
purchased at Lowes.
Leanne