[blparent] kids and the park

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Jan 2 17:56:30 UTC 2012

I only have one child and we made a rule a long time ago, she could play on
the equipment, but when I say her name, she has to answer me quickly.  The
first time I call out her name and she doesn't respond, we'll not go back.
That was several years ago and still to this day, I call out her name every
little while and she either calls back to me or comes running to tell me
where and what she is doing.
Of course, I didn't take her alone when she was a young as 2, but we started
about the age of 3 and at that age, I sat with her in the sand box or on the
swing or on the slide.  You have an advantage, you have 2 older kids to help
you a bit.