[blparent] Why Blindness shouldn't work against us

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Tue Jan 3 15:33:58 UTC 2012

I agree with everything you have said here!!  I was pretty lucky, at first,
getting through the classes and such, wasn't treated differently, too much
anyway ... and then my first girl I had ... her case worker's grandmother
was blind and so she didn't even think twice about placing her in our house.
However working with other case workers, other people in charge, that wasn't
always the case.  I had a couple girls run away and two of them ran away
over and over again, after this incident they no longer sent me foster kids
and said I wasn't approved anymore but wouldn't give me a reason ... Yet
when these girls were placed in new homes, with sighted parents, they
continued to run away and show the same behaviors that they were doing here
... sighted parents ... who by the way are still foster parents and still
accepted while I am not ...