[blparent] kids and the park

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Jan 3 17:46:28 UTC 2012

Do you really want to do this, or do you  just think you should want to?
I ask because the difference is huge.
Your five and eight year old will join the pack of kids that will be playing. You'll have to have them answer you when you call them.
Your 16 month old will need your constant attention, and you'll just need to stay on him or her all the time.
The five and eight year olds will be apiece of cake.
I'm actually surprised you haven't done this, assumming that this is a true want, v. a want you think you should have. I say this because my kid is almost five and since she was about two and a half, we couldn't go by a park without her saying she wanted to play. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.
So I say this because you've had these kids for awhile now and you don't hold off this long unless this is something you really don't want to do.
And, if you don't want to go to the park, that's fine. Just own it and emphasize and enjoy the things you all enjoy together.