[blparent] Question about parenting with blind children

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Jan 4 16:41:17 UTC 2012

Touch gently.
Also, everybody can help decorate a tree.

Kids are smart, they do figure this stuff out.
Also, how do you define playing with the tree?
My daughter made snowflakes and decorated the tree with them. It was awesome. And this was after Christmas, well after I thought the tree was done.
As for touching other stuff, all you need to is ask and teach the blind kid to ask. Whoever "owns" the object will either okay or not okay it. Adults are smart and do grasp that a blind kid can't look at something with their eyes.
I've also found that people who are passionate about something want to share it and want to leta person touch