[blparent] How do you know you're a mother? (time tolighten up and laugh)

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Jan 12 03:36:36 UTC 2012

I never did the potty thing during a business call, but I was having an
interview on the phone to proofread for the state of Colorado, and Sarah was
sick that day.  She was sprawled out on the kitchen floor with her head in
my lap, and she started screeching that she had to burp--that's the word she
uses to say throw up, for some reason.  I knew there was no way we'd make it
to the toilet, so I let her do her thing, got her calmed down and curled up
in my recliner with a blanket, and cleaned up the mess, all the while going
on with the interview.  I always wondered what the woman on the other end of
the phone thought of the whole thing, but she didn't say a word about it to
me.