[blparent] lights and sighted children

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jan 12 19:57:19 UTC 2012

We opted out of the ointment as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of jan wright
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:41 PM
To: blparent
Subject: [blparent] lights and sighted children

thanks to all who responded.
Good information about the eyes and sight development: thanks.
and, yes, keeping them off is cheaper and preferable, but not anymore.
And, I get excited knowing what Azaan might be seeing and might want to
interact with.
Hey, I just might have to set an alarm: -- "lights off at this time"
to remind me.
I like the timer on your lights idea, but don't know how to do it.
someone's DH must be a "Bob the Builder" kind of guy. (smile)
  (smile)
We opted out of the ointment because it is to prevent infection from
sexually transmitted diseases. since many mothers either don't know that
they have Ghonoreah or Klimydia, Doctors give it to all the babies -- just
in case, just like the Vitamin K shot to clot the blood, in case you are
going to circumcize or the HepB vaccination --[do you know how it is
transmitted and the actual likelyhood of your
infant getting this disease??],   which is another thread entirely.
My point is that this ointment does not need to be given to babies whose
parents are certain that they don't have these two STDs because Mom has been
tested during pregnancy and no one has been fooling around. I am a bit
offended that the assumption is that I or my husband are too ignorant to
know whether we have an STD or too irresponsible to care.  There are also
side effects to the ointment, if you want to google them.... for any preg
parent.
anyway, the information about sight development is quite helpful!
THX.