[blparent] A Scare and a Question

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sun Jan 15 06:06:49 UTC 2012

Your not overreacting. I'm speaking from experience. When mark was a baby at just under three weeks of age he started to cry and we couldn't figure out why. My mom thought it might be colic but the next day he was lothargic and ate almost nothing. But by that evening he had a bluish gray to his skin and we took him to the emergency room and he had an infection if we had waited ten mor minutes he probably wouldn't have made it. We knew something was wrong all day but people thought that we were new parents nervous and overreacting. We weren't. He was in the hospital for ten days on oxygen an antibiotics. Our doctor understood that we knew something was wrong so he realized that we could take care of our baby without sight. He thought we should have someone come and stay with ufs for a couple of days so my mother did but in the middle of the night she came to check oup on him but he was breathing so quietly that she was afraid to touch him because she thought he might be dead. I tell you this to strongly encourage you to trust your instincts because you know your child her behavior habits and so forth. I hope you get the answers you need.

sheila leigland