[blparent] feeding baby in the high chair

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:52:52 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
My son is 9.5 months and he's getting  to the age where feeding him on my lap is getting more difficult. However, if I put him in the high chair, it's hard for me to get the spoon in his mouth because he's so squirmy. He's squirmy on my lap too, I suspect because he wants to start to feed himself, but he still only has two teeth so there's not much I can give him in the way of finger food. I feel that putting him in the high chair is better for him but so much harder for me as a blind person. Do you all have any tips? I have tried standing behind the chair but have to reach so far in front of it that it's hard for me. Being in front of it or on the side is still difficult. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!
Ronit