[blparent] Fw: mac book pro question urgent response needed

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Jul 13 16:01:04 UTC 2012

Ken,

VoiceOver is a good program but it is different than JFW or Window-Eyes or other Windows Screenreaders.
It will be necessary for you to take a little time to learn some things differently with VoiceOver.
There are some people using MAC computers on GUI-Talk, so you might get on that list for a while and ask
there if you don't get information here.

Also, what is it you need to do with a computer in your job?  This might be relevant to how you approach
it with VoiceOver.  For example, it is often not obvious to those who don't work with this all the time,
but Microsoft Office is not accessible on the MAC even though it is under Windows.  This isn't really
VoiceOver's fault.  It is hard to imagine why Best Buy would have trouble coming up with a Windows
computer for you, and you could probably use one of your quthorizations temporarily on that computer
rather than learning a new system for what sounds like a short time.  This is in no way meant to knock
Apple, though.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson