[blparent] baby does not burp

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Sun Jun 3 01:33:32 UTC 2012

Try laying him on his stomach and doing the patting motions described by
Burnadetta on his back. I used to do this across my knees, but I think if
you lie back and place him on your stomach or place him on the floor or
crib, that would work too.

Are you familiar with infant massage? My youngest had some tightness of the
limbs so we saw a PT to make sure everything was all right. She showed me
some massage moves that really helped him, but she also showed me the "I
love You" massage technique which is done on the stomach to relieve
indigestion. I still use it on my kids and I will be happy to get it all
written out for you if you do not know it.

This may sound like something silly to remind you of, but as new mothers we
are so sleep deprived so I will mention the obvious anyway. Remember to put
something down to catch any spit up that may come with the burp. The older
generations around here called them burp rags and often used cloth diapers
for this.

I know you will get this figured out. Please do not hesitate to bring it
back up if none of the suggestions work. We will put our thinking caps back
on.

Jennifer

Jennifer