[blparent] leaving family to get a dog guide

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Fri Jun 8 02:22:36 UTC 2012

I didn't have to teach my dogs s&m, my kids shared their food willingly all
the time so my dogs figured kids, shared food, the torture was worth it,
especially my 2 labs!!  My daughter now confesses that she fed my lab Starr
all the food she didn't want especially green beans, lol.  Gotta love those
labs and food rewards, works great!!

With my previous shepherd I had her for quite a few years before my son was
born and when he became a toddler, she was getting older, toddler, older
snappish shepherd, yeah that didn't work real well.  Now my shepherd I have
now is younger, my son is a toddler, and she tollerates him.  But I just
wanted to throw that warning out there especially if any of you have never
worked a shepherd ... sometimes they're not always the best pups to have
when your children are little.

I learned something very funny about my shepherd tonight, we were blowing up
water balloons for my son to throw off the deck and pop and she went nuts,
chasing them, catching them ... popping them, it was very entertaining!!
Just buy some balloons and I can entertain my dog and kid all at the same
time!!