[blparent] `Re: Trampolines, yes or no?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Jun 9 19:45:26 UTC 2012

Hi.  My partner tried to do a flip on a trampoline when he was a kid and
landed on the back of his head, nearly snapping his neck, or so it felt like
to him.  Anyway, he says trampolines aren't safe--not that we have a back
yard to put one up anyway.  At the house where he lived with his ex, a
neighbor had a trampoline, and she made all the kids on the block get
permission slips from their parents before they could jump on it.  Not only
did Gerald and his ex refuse to sign a permission slip, but they sent over a
paper that said their kids weren't allowed on the trampoline under any
circumstances.

What about a pogo stick, or those moon shoes that make you bounce?  My
stepson has used both, as he also tends to be kinesthetically stimulated.
Right now his big thing is skateboarding, which keeps him moving as well.
Or what about a bounce castle?  My sister and her husband have one in their
basement, so I know they are available to buy, and they're safer than
trampolines, at least because they have walls so kids can't fall off.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a
song."  Maya Angelou