[blparent] children activities at the NFB convention

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sun Jun 10 14:12:52 UTC 2012

I am looking forward to learning many things at the NFB convention and they
are not all me related.  I am planning on participating in the Arts and
Crafts item that Debbie from this list is hosting.  Have any of you
participated before.  It sounds fun, something that my sighted child and her
blind mom can do together and while there learn lots.
I also want to have Gab participate in the Youth Track and Scanvenger hunt.
I feel it very important that my child interact with other blind peeps, not
only her mom and  chapter members.  Of Course, Gab can see what we do, but I
think it is important for her to interact with blind children, her peers.
She has only ever once seen blind children playing and that was at a
swimming party last summer.
Anyway, my reason for this post was to find out if you all have participated
in any of these convention activities and what you   or your children
learned.