[blparent] Powder Formula question

Heather Barcal heather.barcal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:45:03 UTC 2012

I am trying to decide what kind of formula I want to use when the baby
comes.  I won't be breast feeding for medical reasons.
I am of course most interested in nutrients and have done some
research and any recommendations would be helpful, but my question is
about pricing.
I am trying to compare prices and the containers give the total number
of ounces.  However, I don't know how many ounces of powder is used to
mix with 2 ounces of water.  I know they say one scoop with 2 ounces
of water, but I don't know how many ounces that is to be able to
figure out how many bottles I can make.  I do know the concentrate is
equal parts, but I am assuming the powder is not, based on the prices
I am reading since powder is supposed to be cheaper.
Can anyone help?

Heather